The Six Sigma Green Belt is known to be employed with prominent knowledge to support and participate in Lean and Six Sigma projects, as team members and as potential leaders of the team, usually under the supervision of a Six Sigma Black Belt.
Click here to learn How to Obtain a Six Sigma Black Belt? .
The Six Sigma Green Belt is demanded to a large extent as companies around the world seek to cut costs, improve processes and eliminate waste, contracted as an investment by being trained to achieve more with fewer resources, recognized and remunerated by its employers, due to the training obtained to become certified, able to implement Six Sigma tools and methodologies to prevent defects and increase customer satisfaction.
In 2016, a published data revealed salaries of employees certified in Six Sigma Green Belt. It showed that New York boasted the highest annual median of $92,510, followed by Houston with $86,375 and Minneapolis with $84,181.
In the case of Average Salary by State or Province for Certified Six Sigma Green Belt, it was reported that California has the highest annual median salary in the United States with$88,114; followed by Texas’s $81,842 and Michigan’s $73,560; of a total of a list of seven states or provinces.
And, with the advent of 2021, the requirement of Six Sigma is now more than ever! With that being said, it is expected that the average annual median salary will rise further to $100,000 across the United States.
Click Here To Know More About Six Sigma Green Belt Training and Certification
Here’s a distribution of salary found from the Payscale 2020 report, which shows how the breakups happen by an individual’s experience. The more the expertise, the higher the individual rises on the salary bracket.
- 10th Percentile Six Sigma Green Belt Salary – $68,400
- 25th Percentile Six Sigma Green Belt Salary – $86,700
- 50th Percentile Six Sigma Green Belt Salary – $106,800
- 75th Percentile Six Sigma Green Belt Salary – $112,800
- 90th Percentile Six Sigma Green Belt Salary – $118,263
According to data updated in 2020 by national salary survey websites, the median annual salaries for individuals with Certified Six Sigma Green Belt by Job in the United States were:
- IT Project Manager – $87,940
- Business Process Analyst – $75,301
- Warehouse Operations Manager – $71,791
- Business Consultant – $47,000 to $129,000
- Quality Assurance Engineer – $65,935
- Continuous Improvement Manager – $90,816
- Lean Six Sigma Specialist – $88,423
- Directors of Quality – $115,545
- Directors of Process Engineering – $141,946
- Directors of Project Management – $102,669
- Operational Excellence Leaders – $101,018
- Program Manager – $111,598
Six Sigma has been a go-to and most sought-after methodology in today’s economic market. Many multi-national corporations are on the roll to fill in the spots with individuals who excel in Six Sigma.
In the case of Average Salary by organizations for Employees Certified in Six Sigma Green Belt, it was reported that Raytheon Co., is the company that offers the highest salary in the United States, $66,811-$181,062; followed by Tesla Motors, $74,750-$174,524 and third Bank of America Corp. (BOFA), $68,457-$141,961; of a total of a list of thirty employers.
Here’s a list of leading organizations where individuals with Six Sigma can find their next career avenue:
- The Eastman Kodak Company
- Motorola, Inc.
- The Boeing Company
- Ford Motor Company
- General Electric Company (GE)
- Credit Suisse Group AG
- Caterpillar Inc.
- The Bank of America Corporation
- BAE Systems plc
- The 3M Company
- Raytheon Company
Stop by and contact us at 6Sigma.us and find out how we can positively help you plan and change the culture and operations of your organization. We offer Green Belt and Black Belt training programs, as well as a Master Black Belt program.