- Learn from experts every month for free
- Valuable information direct to your email
- Easy to read and you can cancel anytime
The world of Six Sigma relies on statistics and hard data to provide process improvement. Utilizing a series of tools, strategies, and data formats, trained Six Sigma professionals are able to identify problems within a process, determine how each problem can be rectified, implement the necessary changes, and then monitor the situation. However, they don’t do this all in their heads–it is a specific methodology. Six Sigma professionals require specialized tools, such as our Minitab Essentials Training. If you are still wondering “What is Minitab?“, this training will help you understand this statistical software package. If you have questions about Six Sigma using Minitab, this course will provide you with a general understanding, but you can learn more by purchasing the Six Sigma book.
Don’t focus on the Mechanics of Statistics… take Minitab Essentials Training
Every industry has software specific to it. Graphic designers use Adobe software products, administrators and office personnel use Excel or Word, and Six Sigma professionals use Minitab. It’s an essential tool in process improvement, making it essential to any Six Sigma program. This is why we say don’t learn statistics take Minitab Essentials Training or our Six Sigma Green Belt instead.Register for Minitab Essentials
Our online, on demand Minitab Essentials training program is designed for anyone interested in creating meaningful charts and graphs to perform the basic data analysis that is required for Six Sigma. This course does not have any prerequisites. It is a great option for individuals who are already Six Sigma certified, but do not know how to use Minitab.
The Agenda includes five modules:
- Minitab Basics
- Inputting Data
- Worksheet Manipulation
- Creating Graphs
- Basic Data Analysis
After completing the five modules, the student may work on a Certification by completing assigned activities designed to demonstrate their new found knowledge.
As mentioned above, there are no prerequisites for this course. Anyone interested in learning how to best utilize the Minitab software should take this course.
What You’ll Get:
- On demand, 24/7 access for 90 days of access to this professionally-narrated online 6Sigma.us training course
- 90 days of access to the electronic format of the training manual with the ability to print one copy for your own use
- Online comprehensive final exam
- Upon completion of the training and passing the comprehensive final exam, you will receive a certificate of training completion
- Please note there are no refunds once the program has been started or seven days after purchase
After completing the training, students will have the following skills and knowledge:
1. Minitab Basics
This lesson will demonstrate some basic actions and tools required to effectively use Minitab
- Opening / Saving Projects
- Opening / Saving Worksheets
- Opening / Saving Graphs
- Saving Session Window Output
- Report Pad
- Help Topics
2. Inputting Data
This lesson will demonstrate how to input and manipulate data into a Minitab Worksheet. Techniques include:
- Copy / Paste from other programs
- Typing in Data
- Using Patterned Data
- Opening Other Formats
- Changing Data Types
- Code Data
- Sort Data
- Date/Time Formats
3. Worksheet Manipulation
This lesson will demonstrate how to manipulate worksheets in Minitab including:
- Rearranging Columns
- Stack / Unstack Columns
- Transpose Columns
- Split Worksheet
- Subset Worksheet
- Stack / Merge Worksheets
- Set Descriptions for Columns and Worksheets
- Conditional Formatting
4. Creating Graphs
This lesson will demonstrate how to Create, Edit, and Annotate the following Graphs:
- Individual Value Plot
- Dot Plot
- Box Plot
- Interval Plot
- Line Plot
- Time Series Plot
- Scatter Plot
- Bar Chart
5. Basic Data Analysis
This module will demonstrate many Data Analysis functions within Minitab including:
- Tests on Proportions
- Tables / Chi-Square
- 2-Sample t Test
- Paired t-Test
- Variance Tests
- Simple Linear Regression
- Sample Size
Online Program Requirements
- A computer with online access to the Internet through a browser
- Sound card and speakers
- Display Settings of at least 1024 x 768 Screen Size
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Secure PDF Viewer from LockLizard (free)
- Access to Microsoft Office 2000 or newer or equivalent
- You are not to provide your login information to other users. Your online account is for your personal use.
Contact us if you have additional questions.
Reviews4.7/5 based on 12 reviews
This course provided an introduction to Six Sigma and Lean along with use and application.
Thank you for a very educative and exciting course that had just the right level of challenge for me!
Very well organized and logically explained
This was an exceptional course!
Very informative and thorough.
this is great I learning to much and increase my vocabulary. regards Pedro Garcia
This was an exceptional course!
I enjoyed the course.
This was an informative course. I am satisified.