From process optimization to process engineering – Design for Six Sigma (DFSS)
Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) focuses on conducting Critical Parameter Management (CPM) and addresses 2 “voices” – Voice of the Customer and Voice of the Process – which must be understood to minimize redesign and design rework. This is done to identify the few variables that dominate the development of baseline performance, the optimization of robust performance, and the certification of capable performance.
DFSS training is ideal for engineers, designers, interested managers, and technicians- all those who would lead or be members of a DFSS project team.
6Sigma.us offers several Live Virtual options:
- DFSS White Belt (1 day – Monday).
- DFSS Green Belt (3 days – Monday-Wednesday). Recommended for participants who have current DMAIC Green & Black Belt.
- DMAIC/DFSS Combined Green Belt (2 weeks). Week 1 covers the above concepts along with introducing traditional DMAIC concepts. Week 2 will focus on technical concept and project control plans and documentation. No prerequisites, includes SigmaXL software license.
Course Hours (given by each time zone):
- 10 am – 4 pm (Eastern)
- 9 am – 3 pm (Central)
- 7 am – 1 pm (Pacific)
This information is available in an Adobe PDF that may be printed. To receive a copy, please send an email with “Design For Six Sigma Brochure” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost of Virtual Live Training: $425
- Applying the Lean Six Sigma mindset and methodologies to product, service, and process design
- Phase-Gate design structures, checklists, and principles of concurrent development
- Defining and chartering Design projects
- Deploying the Voice of the Customer (VOC) through product, service, and process design
- Identifying risk in the design process
Cost of Virtual Live Training: $1,895
- All White Belt Topics, plus:
- Management of design and process-related risk
- Gaining and understanding the Voice of the Customer
- Deploying the Voice of the Customer through initial stages of Product Design
- Tools and techniques for Benchmarking
- Using a Design Scorecard to ensure success
- Development of the Functional Mindset; Functional Mapping & Analysis
- Concept Ideation: Ideal Final Result & the Morphological Matrix
- Concept Generation and Controlled Convergence (CGCC)
- Design for X (manufacturability, serviceability, etc.)
- Piloting and Prototyping
- Planning and Transitioning the design to production
Prerequisites: Recommended to have a DMAIC Green or Black Belt
Cost of Virtual Live Training: $3,874
- Full 5 day week 1 covering above concepts as well DMAIC concepts + Standard Green Belt week 2 concepts
- Includes a SigmaXL license for the two-week course option
- Includes up to 3 hours of project review and certification
No prerequisites. Ideal for candidates with no experience at all and gives the best of both worlds (DFSS+DMAIC)
Cost of Virtual Live Training: $1,895
- Advanced understanding of customer needs through Kano Analysis
- Enabling creativity through the Theory of Inventive Problem Solving
- Effectively handling contradictions in the design process
- Efficient handling of functional requirements
- Using effective design principles to manage interfaces and keep the design simple
- Using simulation to efficiently test the system design
- Understanding and managing relia-bility and robustness in the design process
- Advanced experimental techniques to enhance design robustness
Prerequisite: Recommended to have a DFSS Green Belt and advised DMAIC Green Belt experience
Questions or concerns related to DFSS training?
If you have any questions or you would like to learn more, please feel free to contact one of our experts by clicking here.
Are you interested in self-paced online DFSS course?