- Learn from experts every month for free
- Valuable information direct to your email
- Easy to read and you can cancel anytime
The Root Cause Analysis Training program is for individuals, teams, and organizations who desire to institutionalize an operating system for structured problem-solving.
Complete a project following the 8D Roadmap and apply appropriate methods to solve a problem with an unknown cause. A coach will be your guide as needed.
The Root Cause Analysis (RCA) concepts will help you identify answers to the following questions:
- How many problems are encountered each year? How many seem to recur?
- How many have unknown causes? How many have a known cause?
- Is a team created to solve them? Does the team use a structured process?
There are no prerequisites for the RCA program.
Our Root Cause Analysis course covers the following topics:
- Introductions & Opening Topics
- RCA Basics
- Describe Problem Assess Risks
- RCA Team
- Interim Action
- Determine Cause
- Identify Solution
- Implement & Validate
- Report & Recognition
- Closing Topics
Present State Scenario:
- A problem is detected
- Everyone sees pieces of the true picture
- Many pieces could be assumptions, not facts
- Each piece generates theories and supporting evidence is gathered
- Each theory is consistent with its piece and so becomes “worth looking into”
- This feels right because everyone’s doing something to solve the problem
Present State Audit:
- A fragmented picture and assumption-based theories drive problem-solving activities
- No procedure for bringing all the pieces together
- No procedure for separating assumptions from facts
- No procedure for using the facts to find the cause
Future State “Lean Problem-Solving” Scenario:
- A problem is detected
- Everyone knows what facts to gather to see the whole picture
- Facts and evidence are used as a filter to reject the theories that don’t explain the facts
- Theories that explain the facts are worth looking into
- This feels right because every theory that gets rejected is time and money saved
- The filter is also a “theory generator” that leads us to the cause
- A solution profile is developed for sustainable results
At the end of this course, the attendees will:
- Know what to do when problems occur
- Define, validate and decide if the problem should be solved
- Use a team approach and understand team dynamics
- Take appropriate interim actions
- Choose the most appropriate Root Cause Analysis methods for the situation
- Determine and implement the best sustainable solution
6Sigma.us is proud to offer CEUs, PDUs and PDCs for our training programs. We are accredited by IACET to offer CEUs, PMI® to offer PDUs and SHRM to offer PDCs for our Root Cause Analysis for the successful completion of all training requirements. (PMI and the PMI Registered Education Provider logo are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.).