Root Cause Analysis (RCA) Training – 3 Day Course
Complete a project following the 8D Roadmap and apply appropriate methods to solve a problem with an unknown cause. A coach will be your guide as needed.
The Root Cause Analysis (RCA) concepts will help you identify answers to the following questions:
- How many problems are encountered each year? How many seem to recur?
- How many have unknown cause? How many have known cause?
- Is a team created to solve them? Does the team use a structured process?
Root Cause Analysis Training program is for individuals, teams and organizations that desire to institutionalize an operating system for structured problem-solving.
Interested in Online Root Cause Analysis Training?
RCA Online Training
Current Schedule for Root Cause Analysis Training
Root Cause Analysis Training [ ]
Present State Scenario:
- A problem is detected
- Everyone sees pieces of the true picture
- Many pieces could be assumptions, not facts
- Each piece generates theories and supporting evidence is gathered
- Each theory is consistent with its piece and so becomes “worth looking into”
- This feels right because everyone’s doing something to solve the problem
Present State Audit:
- A fragmented picture and assumption-based theories drive problem-solving activities
- No procedure for bringing all the pieces together
- No procedure for separating assumptions from facts
- No procedure for using the facts to find the cause
Future State “Lean Problem-Solving” Scenario:
- A problem is detected
- Everyone knows what facts to gather to see the whole picture
- Facts and evidence are used as a filter to reject the theories that don’t explain the facts
- Theories that explain the facts are worth looking into
- This feels right because every theory that gets rejected is time and money saved
- The filter is also a “theory generator” that leads us to the cause
- A solution profile is developed for sustainable results
- Know what to do when problems occur.
- Define, validate and decide if the problem should be solved.
- Use a team approach and understand team dynamics.
- Take appropriate interim actions.
- Choose the most appropriate RCA methods for the situation.
- Determine and implement the best sustainable solution.
Who Should Attend?
Operations Staff in manufacturing and service organizations, managers, process owners and engineers.
- What Root-Cause Analysis (RCA) is, why we need it and when to use it
- Problem-Solving Process Flowchart (8D Roadmap)
- Problems vs. Opportunities
- Preventative Practices
- Problem Detection & Specification
- Problem Anatomy = |Should – Actual|*Risk
- Causes to Determine
- Cause Structures
- Situation Appraisal
- Known vs. Unknown Cause
- Using Facts, Evidence & Assumptions
- Interim Actions
- Using a Team Approach
- Risk Analysis Tools
- Importance of Language
- Cause-Effect Mapping Methods
- Potential Cause Filters and Generators
- Human Error
- Choosing the Best Solution Profile
- Solution Validation
- Exercises & Case Studies
Contact Us for the more information on the Root Cause Analysis Training