Six Sigma Green Belts are individuals who work on simple process improvement projects. Usually, their job would require less than 50% of their time to be focused on Six Sigma projects. However, Six Sigma Green Belt roles and job requirements will vary between companies.
The Green Belt certification is ideal for those who will be tasked with improving existing processes. These could be processes that are not standardized or don’t have established metrics. Or, the organization could be looking to reduce errors or cycle time of those processes.
6Sigma.us offers an internationally-recognized Six Sigma Green Belt training and certification program. As part of our four-week Black Belt option, our program may be taken alone or as the first step to earning your Black Belt. 6Sigma.us was the first organization to offer a program that allowed students with no prior experience to complete the Green Belt and Black Belt programs consecutively to earn an internationally-recognized Black Belt certification.
An added benefit of the combined Green and Black Belt training option is the ability for individuals from the same organization to complete the training together even if they are working toward different belt levels. This combined format promotes synergy and encourages groups to work together, while also providing the flexibility to mix and match locations. In addition, we offer traditional classroom programs and onsite options, including Champion programs, designed for executives beginning the Six Sigma implementation process.
Six Sigma Green Belt Training and Certification (first two weeks of the four week Black Belt)
There are no prerequisites for the lean six sigma green belt program. White and Yellow Belt concepts are covered during the first 3 days of training.
Week 1 Course Topics
- Six Sigma Program Overview
- Define Phase
- Six Sigma Deployment
- Process Variables Mapping
- Causes and Effects Matrix
- Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA)
- Waste Identification
- Methods to Reduce Waste
- Introduction to Statistics and Graphical Analysis
- Graphical Analysis with Minitab
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- MSA Exercise
- Capability Studies
- Week One Wrap Up
Week 2 Course Topics
- Week 1 Review
- Multi-Vari Studies
- Hypothesis Tests
- T-Test / ANOVA
- Project Presentations
- Correlation & Regression
- Multi-Vari Case Study
- Intro to DOE
- Mistake Proofing
- Control Methods
Six Sigma Green Belt – Additional Benefits to Classroom Training
- At most locations, lunch will be provided every day except Friday
- Professional quality color printed student manuals are provided
- Entertaining and interesting individual and group exercises
- Enjoyable learning environment
Exclusive Benefits of Our Six Sigma Green Belt Training
- Every course is taught by a Master Black Belt instructor with real world knowledge and extensive project experience
- The Master Black Belt instructor provides support and project consultation during each week of class
- 6Sigma.us Green Belt program includes project review and certification
- 6Sigma.us provides valuable data files and templates that may be kept by the student and used for certification projects and other projects in the future
- Students are given samples of Basic Projects
- Students are given generic Project Charter examples
- 6Sigma.us provides up to 2 hours of remote support by email/phone for up to 6 months after training or project completion; whichever occurs first
- On-site Consulting services are offered at a special rate for all participating students
There are no prerequisites for our Six Sigma Green Belt. Students will receive two certificates- one certificate for successfully completing the training, and another certificate for successfully completing a live project, which will designate individuals as internationally-recognized Six Sigma Green Belts.
6Sigma.us is proud to offer CEUs and PDUs for our training programs. We are accredited by IACET to offer 6 CEUs for our Green Belt for the successful completion of all training requirements. Global Six Sigma, dba as Six Sigma.us, has been approved by PMI® to issue PDUs for your courses. This Green Belt program has been pre-approved for 60 PDU’s upon successful completion of all training requirements. (PMI and the PMI Registered Education Provider logo are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.)
To receive an Adobe PDF of information about Yellow Belt classes from 6sigma.us, please send an email with “Green Belt” in the subject line to email@example.comFind a Location