Understanding Kaizen Methods – Beginner’s Guide
If you have never heard of the Kaizen Methods you might be surprised to learn that it is one of the best ways to live a better, more productive life or business. It has been used for years to help people reach goals once thought unreachable and to bring companies together that were having some serious issues holding themselves together.
Simply put, the Kaizen methods is a way of thinking. The Japanese roots of Kaizen essentially mean continuous change. Often time’s people will decide that they want to make big changes in their life. In theory, these big changes sound as if they could be beneficial, but they hardly stick. Before long, these same people are back in the same way they have always lived their life because the big changes were too much. Kaizen methods can help you work around that and get the changes you want, but over time instead of all at once.
You should understand that the Kaizen method is not a goal that is meant to be completed. It is meant to be a brand new state of mind that involves you regularly taking a look at your life and figuring out where you can improve on a small scale and implementing that change. It could be something minimal, all that matters is the change occurs and stays that way. If you implement a bunch of small changes, before long you will see a large change based off of all of your smaller changes.
Read About This Article: What is Kaizen Philosophy?
It is crucial to be able to step back and take a look at your situation and recognize where you can improve. One of the hardest parts of making a change to your life is recognizing when something isn’t going to work. When you get to this point it is time to go in and do something about it. The sooner you address the problem the easier it is to move on and see the continuous improvement that you seek to achieve.
There are 7 main phases in the Kaizen cycle and each one has important factors that will help you in the life improvement process:
1. Identify an area of improvement – First look at your life and find an opportunity for improvement. Start out with something small that can be changed easily.
2. Analyze – Now that you have figured out the problem it is time to analyze it. Try to figure out what different options you have available to solve this problem.
3. Develop a solution – Once you have figured out what solutions are available, decide which one is going to be the best for your particular situation.
4. Implement your solution – Now start putting your solution into action. Make sure that you do not delay, as procrastination can be detrimental to the process.
5. Analyze the results – After a short period of time figuring out whether or not this change was successful and if it is something that should and could be sustained.
6. Normalize the solution – When you have decided to keep a change, implement it and keep at it until it becomes a normal part of your everyday life.
7. Look ahead – Now look ahead and see what new areas of opportunity you have and figure out how you can build off them. This is the point where the process starts from step one again.
It can take some getting used to, but many people find that using the method improves their lives in ways they never imagined possible. There is no time like the present to start changing your life one piece at a time.
Wait no more, register today for your Register Now For Kaizen Events!
SixSigma.us offers both Live Virtual classes as well as Online Self-Paced training. Most option includes access to the same great Master Black Belt instructors that teach our World Class in-person sessions. Sign-up today!
Virtual Classroom Training Programs Self-Paced Online Training Programs