Six Sigma Tools Important for Business Growth
Most organizations will have a predetermined level of quality that they want to achieve, which is great for increasing their efficiency levels to obtain their goal. What if your organization has an even higher potential? Six Sigma methodologies, as well as Lean tools, are very important to grow your business to its full potential. There isn’t anything left up to chance when it comes to Lean Six Sigma. Since Lean Six Sigma relies on hard data and its belief in continuous improvement until the full potential is obtained, monitoring is essential.
Six Sigma Tools Used For Quality Improvement
- DMAIC [Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control]: Using this data-driven template to improve current processes is an essential part of this strategy.
- 5s: This tool stands for Sort, Straighten, Shine, Standardize, and Sustain. This is a great way to simplify and streamline your workplace or area. This is used to eliminate waste on the most basic level.
- 7 Wastes: These are non-value added losses and include Inventory, Motion, Overprocessing, Overproduction, Waiting, Transport, and Defects.
- Value Stream Mapping: This could be the most important of the Lean Six Sigma tools and techniques because it allows you to visually see the entire process from start to finish. This includes a drawing of a future state map and of how value should be flowing once changes are implemented.
- Flow: This is shown in that future state map from design to launch.
- Kaizen: For ongoing monitoring and small constant improvements if needed. This is a mindset that is important for the entire company to have.
The most important detail to remember is that with all Lean Six Sigma tools, they are simple to use and have a multitude of ways to use them. This means that to get specific information, you may need to change how you’re using the tool. That is what makes Six Sigma genius.
Peter Peterka is the president of Six Sigma US. For additional information on Six Sigma Green Belt or other Six Sigma Certification programs contact 6sigma.us.
Author: Peter Peterka LinkedIn
SixSigma.us offers both Live Virtual classes as well as Online Self-Paced training. Most option includes access to the same great Master Black Belt instructors that teach our World Class in-person sessions. Sign-up today!
Virtual Classroom Training Programs Self-Paced Online Training Programs