Root Cause Analysis
What You Will Learn
The RCA concepts will help you identify answers to the following questions:
- How many problems are encountered each year? How many seem to recur?
- How many have an unknown cause? How many have known cause?
- Is a team created to solve them? Does the team use a structured process?
Who Should Register?
This program is for individuals, teams, and organizations that desire to institutionalize an operating system for structured problem-solving. Including but not limited to Operations Staff in manufacturing and service organizations, managers, process owners, and engineers.
- What Root-Cause Analysis (RCA) is, why we need it and when to use it
- Problem-Solving Process Flowchart (8D Roadmap)
- Problems vs. Opportunities
- Preventative Practices
- Problem Detection & Specification
- Problem Anatomy = |Should – Actual|*Risk
- Causes to Determine
- Cause Structures
- Situation Appraisal
- Known vs. Unknown Cause
- Using Facts, Evidence & Assumptions
- Interim Actions
- Using a Team Approach
- Risk Analysis Tools
- Importance of Language
- Cause-Effect Mapping Methods
- Potential Cause Filters and Generators
- Human Error
- Choosing the Best Solution Profile
- Solution Validation
- Exercises & Case Studies
What You Will Receive
- Access to the online RCA training for 90 days in our online Learning Center portal
- Access to the online RCA manual, delivered using LockLizard for secure access
- Downloadable library of RCA templates and files to use and modify as you see fit
- Certificate of completion upon successfully passing the final comprehensive exam
- You are not to provide your login information to other users: your online account is only for your personal use
- Please note there are no refunds once the program has been started or 7 Days after purchase.
A printed copy of the slides used during the presentation can be purchased and shipped anywhere in the US for $60.